Media24 Accountant Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for Media24 Accountant Jobs in Johannesburg. Check Latest Media24 Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for Media24 Vacancies at Official Media24 Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.media24.com.
Media24 Vacancies 2022 Apply for Accountant Jobs in Johannesburg
Media24 has released a Accountant job notification at www.media24.com Careers website. Media24 has displayed vacant seats for the post of Accountant vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Media24 official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original Media24 job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Accountant|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||Media24 Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary ⇒||R 423,572.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||22 May 2022|
Media24 Accountant Job Description
Contract Logistics, a subsidiary of Media24, currently requires the services of an Accountant
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as an Accountant, reporting to the Finance Manager. The position will be based in our offices in Olifantsfontein.
Main purpose of the role:
To maintain the integrity of the financial accounting function within the division in accordance with sound accounting practices, company policy and legislative requirements
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Oversee, implement and maintain financial accounting / administration and internal control processes and procedures
- Identify financial accounting risks and contribute towards developing and implementing mitigating strategies;
- Establish and maintain a budgeting system and assist with setting up the planning parameters;
- Prepare for and implement the annual planning and budgeting process;
- Prepare the budget and compile quarterly forecasts and annual budgets and complete accurate consolidations for forecasts and budgets;
- Provide training and support to users regarding budget control and variance reports;
- Report on all cost activities (eg budget, forecasts) and on work in progress in line with company policies, legislation and IFRS;
- Report on variances between budgets, commitments and expenditure;
- Assist with refining and enhancing financial reporting for the division;
- Liaise with and assist internal and external auditors as and when needed (internal auditors might liaise more with accountant);
- Maintain all aspects relating to company fixed assets;
- May be responsible for allocation of group charges and recoveries; and
- Review balance sheet reconciliations.
Skills and competencies:
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Pressure resilience
- Planning and organising
- Results orientation
- Ability to work in confidential environment
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- B Com degree or national diploma in internal auditing, taxation, finance and cost and management.
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience;
- Financial analysis / reporting / budgeting experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Knowledge of Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Knowledge of budgeting processes;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications.