JPMorgan Chase Bank Vacancies 2022 notification out for Sub Saharan Africa Controller Jobs. Apply for JPMorgan Chase Bank Jobs in Johannesburg. Check Latest JPMorgan Chase Bank Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for JPMorgan Chase Bank Vacancies at Official JPMorgan Chase Bank Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase Bank Vacancies 2022 Apply for Sub Saharan Africa Controller Jobs in Johannesburg
JPMorgan Chase Bank has released a Sub Saharan Africa Controller job notification at www.jpmorgan.com Careers website. JPMorgan Chase Bank has displayed vacant seats for the post of Sub Saharan Africa Controller vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the JPMorgan Chase Bank official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original JPMorgan Chase Bank job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Sub Saharan Africa Controller|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||JPMorgan Chase Bank Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary ⇒||R 400,000.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||22 Feburary 2022|
JPMorgan Chase Bank Job Description
The SSA LEC is responsible for compliance with JPMorgan corporate reporting standards and with IFRS local reporting as well as supporting tax. There is 4 legal entities in South Africa housing Corporate Treasury and Corporate & Investment Banking business, including equities trading, F&O trading & clearing, fixed income and foreign exchange in South Africa, and the Rep offices in Africa.
The successful applicant will be responsible for Rep office accounting, audits and reporting, inter-entity functions, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE), representative office expansion in Africa as well as financial and tax reporting and projects within the region.
- Representative Offices Financial Controller
- Assistance with the expansion of the Representative office in selected African countries
- Financial oversight of the Sub Saharan Africa representative office including:
- Review monthly management accounts prepared by the outsourced local accountants and submit to New York Controllers to be booked into the corporate ledger.
- Review and approve payment schedules prepared by the Office Administrator.
- Ensure bank accounts are operated within J.P. Morgan policy.
- Undertake corporate governance review annually
- Manage and drive the external audit of the representative offices annual financial statements.
- Ensure that payments on behalf of representative offices from South Africa comply with Exchange Control Regulations,
- Dealing with ad hoc accounting related queries.
- Attendance of local management committee meeting to provide relevant feedback
- Ownership of all reference data within the financial reporting space for entities.
- Ensuring funding for Rep offices and attributions/cost recovery
- Oversight of the local accountants, auditors and statutory teams in location
- Custodian of the local bank accounts including administration and reporting.
- Custodian of corporate cards
- Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- Preparation of BEE Scorecard which includes monthly reporting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Manage the annual B-BBEE verification audit by the appointed verification agency for the 3 South African legal entities
- Prepare quarterly B-BBEE Committee packs to be presented as well as partake as a committee member
- Assist client facing teams to complete request for proposals (RFP) and respond to client queries
- Idea origination and Implementation of initiatives to ensure compliance and improvement of goals and targets set
- Keep abreast of developments in the B-BBEE space and advise business of changes that will impact the bank.
- Work with pillar owners and business to understand the BEE requirements and ways to improve
- Administration oversight of the JPMorgan ownership programmes (Abadali EEIP) which includes annual reviews, reporting to dtic, oversight of the external accountants and coordination of fund and grant reporting.
- Finance and Tax reporting and projects
- Driving and delivering on project initiatives in relation to Rep offices and South Africa
- Bi monthly attestation and declaration for VAT for intercompany entities.
- Reconciliation of Revenues to GL for both Tax and finance reporting
- IFRS related projects to assist SFO
- Dealing with ad hoc accounting related queries.
- Oversight of local legal entities audit and preparation of financial statements in compliance with IFRS (annually).
- Qualified CA (SA) – Chartered Accountant South Africa
- 3-4 years’ post articles experience desirable (banking or audit articles preferred)
- Project management skills reflected in technical and analytical mindset
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) knowledge (advantageous)
- Firm grasp of finance and financial principals, combined with understanding of the industry (preferable)
- Strong communication skills
- Efficient under pressure & able to work without close supervision
- Logical & well organized
- Team orientated
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.