Immedia Vacancies 2022 notification out for Senior Systems Engineer Jobs. Apply for Immedia Jobs in Durban. Check Latest Immedia Government Jobs in KwaZulu-Natal. How to Apply for Immedia Vacancies at Official Immedia Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.immedia.co.za.
Immedia Vacancies 2022 Apply for Senior Systems Engineer Jobs in Durban
Immedia has released a Senior Systems Engineer job notification at www.immedia.co.za Careers website. Immedia has displayed vacant seats for the post of Senior Systems Engineer vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Immedia official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original Immedia job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||Immedia Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Durban|
|Salary ⇒||R 594,157.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||31 January 2022|
Immedia Job Description
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should be a natural born Geek, have a love for technology, interacting with clients and sharing knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for managing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading our ISP and client servers and network infrastructure.
Note that this position is based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa.
- Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix)
- Advanced networking – routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience
- Advanced DNS administration
- VMware, HyperV, ESXi and related
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Indepth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent)
- SAN/NAS technologies
- Drivers license
- Mail server experience (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Antispam/Antivirus, DNSBL, SMTP protocol & general mail routing)
- Wireless networking
- LAMP stack
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- PHP & WordPress admin
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
- Maintenance of our ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web and all virtual server environments.
- Effective involvement in projects and the rollout of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Managing the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services
- Integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc
- Architecture and design of fault tolerant systems
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work
- Broadly-skilled with the ability to adapt to different tools or workflows according to the deadline or output required
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The ability to ingest constructive criticism and work with team input while staying true to the product
- The maturity to work purposefully and steadily under pressure with all kinds of clients
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- A strong online presence (you share your interests on social media) and innate drive to share your knowledge (active participation in the community)
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task
- This position is open to experienced systems engineers that meet the above criteria.
- This position is based in Umhlanga, Durban.