DNV Vacancies 2022 notification out for Solar Senior Engineer Jobs. Apply for DNV Jobs in Cape Town. Check Latest DNV Government Jobs in Western Cape. How to Apply for DNV Vacancies at Official DNV Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.africa.dnv.com.
DNV Vacancies 2022 Apply for Solar Senior Engineer Jobs in Cape Town
DNV has released a Solar Senior Engineer job notification at www.africa.dnv.com Careers website. DNV has displayed vacant seats for the post of Solar Senior Engineer vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the DNV official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original DNV job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Solar Senior Engineer|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||DNV Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Cape Town|
|Salary ⇒||R 14,300.00-49,600.00 Monthly|
|Last Date ⇒||27 Feburary 2022|
DNV Job Description
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Solar Senior Engineer in our Middle East and Africa Team to be a great fit for you!
DNV – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Solar Senior Engineer to join our Solar Team. DNV is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV’s Solar Middle East and Africa team holds a substantial market position for owners engineering and independent engineering services to support financing and construction of solar energy projects in Middle East and Africa and our staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for solar project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Solar Senior Engineer will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of solar projects in ME&A ; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites when required
This position is based out in Cape Town.
Tasks May Include
- PM for complex projects and large-scale owners engineering
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to owners engineering and due diligence work.
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV, including performing site visits.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the team, including leading tool development, process refinement, and lessons learned activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ideally electrical)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in the solar PV industry.
- At least 3 years previous Technical Advisory experience (Owners Engineer or Lenders Technical Advisor) for large scale solar PV projects
- Experience in the context of engineering, estimation, construction, development, origination, consulting, project management, technology, asset management, or finance.
- Familiarity with contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts).
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (modules, inverters, mounting system, balance of system, etc)
- Experience in Energy Production Assessment for solar PV (PV Syst modelling) and conceptual design
- Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Solution-oriented thinking skills – identifying technical risks and formulating solutions.
- Displaying high integrity and honesty – clients rely on DNV’s independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Business development experience.
- Masters degree.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Some concentration of experience in at least one of the following: solar industry construction and operating contracts, solar project construction, operations/asset management, solar project design/development, module/inverter technology, power marketing/offtake contracting, or energy storage technology and implementation. Having experience in the wind industry or other renewables may be advantageous
- Innovation and process improvement mindset.
- Able to sit for long periods of time, when working in office; but also climb rooftops with appropriate gear and walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites.
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time. (Note: travel expectations are significantly curtailed during the COVID-19 pandemic).
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed